Thứ Bảy, 17 tháng 12, 2016

Phần 1

I've been all over Vietnam, a place I feel a …(1)…connection to. My first love, a place I remain besotted with, fascinated by. So back in Vietnam, one of my favorite places on earth. And all of the things I need for …(2)… Little plastic stool, check. Tiny little plastic table, check. Ooh. Something …(3)…in a bowl. Check. 

In this case a local specialty, com hen (ph), clam rice, sweet, meaty little local clams out of their shells, tossed with a wild swirl of mung beans, white …(4)…, spicy green chilis, crunchy roasted peanuts, fried pork rind, and cilantro. And a similar variation with rice …(5)… 

That fish sauce with chilies in it, and oh, that'll just singe your eyebrows off. Some chilies in. Hit with some hot clam broth, and you're on your …(6)… I'm back. Back in Vietnam.

>>Làm tiếp phần 2
>>Xem đáp án phần 1

Từ mới: 

besotted with: khờ dại, u mê (vì tình yêu)

stool: ghế

specialty: đặc sản

clam rice: cơm hến

mung beans: đậu xanh

crunchy roasted peanuts: đậu phộng rang giòn

fried pork rind: da lợn chiên

cilantro: rau mùi

variation: sự thay đổi, sự biến hóa

fish sauce: nước mắm

clam broth: nước dùng (nước luộc hến)

Phiêu Linh

Bài viết theo tháng

Tin nổi bật

Đối tác: